Thursday, September 17, 2009

Vegan Morning Glory Muffins!


So one thing I have really really really been craving for the last few weeks is a really good, vegan muffin. I find myself daydreaming of Woodstar carrot muffins... saturday mornings... a text book, huge coffee, delicious delicious muffin... ooops, there I go again. So tonight, I felt the need to rectify the situation. Hence, vegan morning glory muffins. Carrots, apples, raisins, walnuts, and banana. What could possible be wrong with that?

A few problems arose, namely coming up with a recipe I actually had ingredients for, since all stores here close ridiculously early (I was starting my project at 9pm), and finding baking tins (that solution ended up being my roommate's heart-shaped, silicon baking... dishes? utensils? very very cute things?) But despite some mishaps, here are the final results! (Complete with pictures! I am so proud of myself for remembering! But a food photographer I am not...)



Vegan Morning Glory Muffins
- 1 1/3 C Flour
-1/2 T Baking Powder
- 1/2 T Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Salt

- 1 Banana, mashed (I broke it into pieces, then microwaved for 30 seconds, because it was not as ripe as I wanted)
- 1/4 C vegetable oil (or whatever you have on hand)
- 1/2 C Brown Sugar

- 1 Apple, diced finely
- 3 Carrots, grated
- 1/2 C Raisins
-1/2 C Walnuts, chopped


Mix together the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix the banana, oil, and sugar until relatively smooth, there will probably still be some chunks of banana. Add the wet mix to the dry mix, and combine with a rubber spatula. (It will probably seem like it is going to be too dry, but do not be fooled! It will be fine, I promise) Fold in all the rest of the ingredients.
Spoon into your vessels of choice, and bake at 350 F (that is 175 C for the rest of us). Bake about 30 minutes, but time will vary depending on the size of your muffin and vessel, so check earlier. (Mine took a little longer).

Enjoy everyone!


By the way, this is really making me miss Lawrence house, I wish I could be baking for all of you!! Make sure you tell the firsties that I am awesome and I promise to make delicious new things for you all in the spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment